Thursday 16 July 2009

First weigh in proper

Had my first proper weigh in and I am a bit disappointed. I only l ost two pounds. I usually (bit of an old hand at weight watchers and diets in general) lose around 4-6 pounds in my first week. I don't know if there was still some weight to go on from holiday the 10 days before, or maybe because I haven't been eating all my points.

From reading the weight watchers members boards (which are a fab support system) it seems it is important to eat all your daily allowance, that they have been designed and allocated to be the right amount and going too far under can fool your body into thinking it is in starvation mode.

So, from yesterday (day one week two) I ate up to my 24 points limit. I put more points into my breakfast and had a change of meal for dinner.

Also going to do a little bit of exercise.Only a very little bit for now as I suffer with joint pains and aches as it is and I get very out of breath with a racing heart very quickly. Hoping to increase little by little over the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Karen

    Well done on your blog. I think its a great idea to write a blog.
    You sound like you have the right idea. 2 lbs is still a great start. You may be right about having some pre holiday weight to go on, but remember to try not to compare your attempts this time, to your last attempt, because if you dont make the targets that you reached last time, you may feel deflated and give up. Treat this time round as a whole new journey.
    Yes definately use your points...my little phrase is "use them or lose them" !!! It keeps your body interested, and prevents the starvation mode. There will come a time you will be grateful for those points, when suddenly later in your journey you find yourself on only 18 a day !!!
    Good luck with your journey. Please feel free to follow my blog too. It will be nice to follow you and see how your getting on xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog, hope to read more soon,

    Phil, aka

    Phil-theincredibleshrinkingman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete