Wednesday 29 July 2009

From the mouths of babes

Kids..gotta love 'em. I was doing the good motherly thing of looking through some books with my two toddler girls the other morning, in particular the Usborne First Thousand Words book. It had a picture of two sumo wrestlers. My eldest little girl got very excited and was bouncing up and down on the bed saying "look,mummy! it's you and daddy!" - I had to laugh, as really it was pretty funny. All the more motivation to get slim and healthy though - so my little girls can be proud of their old mum!

In other news - got a free, yes free, treadmill from Freecycle. Googled it and it appears to be worth £1,300. They said the belt was slipping and they couldn't use it, but all it needed was a new drive belt which cost £3.65. Went on it last night for an hour and it was FAB! It has pre set programmes, ones you can set yourself, a really long and wide running deck, automatic incline adjustment, cup holder and displays speed, distance, calories burnt and heart rate. I am really, really chuffed with it and I know it is going to work wonders in helping me to achieve my weight loss and fitness goals.

And I tell you what, my achey knee joints which had been so bad I had to shuffle upstairs like an old woman rather than stride up to avoid pain, are much, much better. Maybe doing some exercise will help strengthen them up.

Weigh In tonight - really hoping for a silver seven (3 pounds off needed) but I know given that it has been 2 pound a week for the last 2 weeks that might be a big ask. Will blog later with the result.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment