Monday 27 July 2009

The inevitable happened

Well I knew it would happen sooner or later. The binge monster reared its ugly head and instead of slaying it with my weapons of points calculator and tracker I allowed it to consume me.

I suppose the physical damage is slight really. I have had a good rest of week and had some exercise. The food I ate was low in fat - just higher in qty than I wanted or intended.

The OH kindly bought me some lovely weight watchers cakes, but I don't think I am far along enough in my recovery to have been able to cope with them. One this afternoon during an energy slump and worn out from battling kids turned into, I think, four in total. Followed by a Muller Light yoghurt.

Yes I know points wise it isn't that bad - I can recover from it by clawing back a few points over the next few days and earning bonus points...but it is the fact I weakened. I am upset with myself for doing it, even though I knew, as a sufferer of compulsive over eating/ binge eating disorder it would happen.

The positives from this are: I stopped. I could have carried on, but didn't. I didn't binge on unhealthy high fat, greasy items. I am writing about my feelings straight away to get back on track and get some sense of order and control back.

I know I will be dreading weigh in onWednesday now..and will try and make excuses not to go - but go I bloody well should. As my leader said last week "that's what we are here for"

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment