Sunday 19 July 2009

Motivation

Motivation is a major issue for dieters - so here is what keeps me going to meetings:

I chose the monthly pass option - classes are paid for in advance so I want to get my money's worth.

I come on the weight watchers message boards for daily for support and motivation. There are some really inspiring stories out there.

I track everything I eat in advance - up to my daily points allowance in the 12 week tracker, so I don't want to binge or snack on anything else as I have already written and planned everything.

I have set mini goals - about 38 of them including getting to 5% and 10%, each silver seven and stone, getting under 200 pounds, 50, 75 & 100 pound certificates, BMI under 40, BMI under 30 and BMI under 25 etc. This breaks it up for me and keeps me focussed.

I think of the tattoo I would like, the nice clothes I would want to wear, of being able to wear a dress and skirt in the summer withough my thighs rubbing and chaffing.

I think how out of breath even a small amount of exercise leaves me, and how I make up excuses to not do things as I know I might not be able to physically do it - even though if I were slim I would jump at the chance.

I think how my weight has dominated my life for the worse, how lacking in self conifdence I am.

I think how much my joints ache, how hot and uncomfy I am in the summer, how many clothes I have that don't fit me and even they aren't cute or sexy. I think of my two little girls, how they deserve a fit and active mum, a mum who will be alive to raise them - not a mum who they will have to bury and be left heartbroken in their formative years. I think of my Dad who has cancer and again how I want to minimise my risk of serious illness.

And I pick myself up, walk out of that door and go to my meeting. I owe it to myself and my loved ones .

2 comments:

  1. what a great post. You can do it. Stay positive and you will get there. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol forgot to leave you a link to mine .. derr

    tinasjourneywithww.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete