Wednesday 19 August 2009

Slow and steady

wins the race, so people say. I am looking back at my earlier moans about not losing more than 2 pounds in the first couple of weeks, and feeling a bit daft really. I know in previous weight loss attempts after the initial couple of weeks of good losses it did slow right down, a pound or half a pound a week being normal.
I am pleased to report another 2 pound loss this week - yay. This is despite going over by 17 points over a couple of days early in the week - but I did point everything religiously and clawed the points back over the week in time for weigh in - and it worked! I am well chuffed with my 2 pounds a week loss that I am experiencing, maybe it will really stay off this time as it is a much steadier and regular pace.
Some thoughts on points...the plan WW have at the moment is still the points we all know and love, but is different to points in the past. There is a quiz for starters to work out how many points you need to have, before it used to be based on weight. I was also told upoin joining that I could think in terms of points in a day or points in a week - but after the week the points saved were gone. This time the plan works on points a day, you can save a maximum of 4 - any over that don't count on the online tracker.
Well, I lost 46.5 pounds doing points the old way, and saw people lose loads more, so I know the plan works that way. Generally I do have the points in a day, but my experience over the pst few weeks and that of the famous Wendi Plan Wendi, is that points in a week works pretty damn well too.
Not done much exercising at all this week, due to knackering my ankle. It is all puffy and actually makes me feel a bit quesy when the OH tries rubbing it better. Not sure when I will get back on track with the exercise - I don't want to make the ankle worse and it was jogging on the treadmill that did it. At least I am still pointing and the weight is moving downwards.
I can really tell now that I am losing weight - clothes are much looser and family are starting to comment. I love this stage, where your hard work is rewarded by real results. It makes it easier to continue.
I think I have read before that the first 3 weeks are crucial in a diet - after that time it becomes a habit. I think I would agree, pointing and getting my tracker and points calculator are second nature to me now (again) I have longed to be in this mindset for so long - and here I am - and reaping the rewards!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment