Wednesday 12 August 2009

Pretty good week

Had a pretty decent week - whoo! I have been plodding away on the treadmill and I have gone from jogging for 2 minutes at a time until 5. Not a very long time granted, but a hell of a lot better than 2 minutes - which is pretty pants. I am doing a sort of interval training I suppose, some brisk walking, jogging, walking up hill, with a couple of mins here and there at a slower pace to take on some water.

I am even thinking I would love to be able to run, rather than walk, the Race for Life next summer. It is nearly a year away so I will be a lot slimmer and much fitter - so maybe it is a realistic goal. I'd love to do it for my Dad, who was diagnosed with cancer a few months back.

Weigh In was good this week- another 2 pounds off, making 9 in total - yay! My leader was back from her hols, but you know, I much preferred the leader who we had standing in for her. Not that I don't ike my leader, she seems very pleasant - but the stand in was so vibrant and motivating, going round the room asking everyone in turn how they got on.

I do think the right leader is crucial to weight loss success. One of the factors behind me quitting when I was doing so well before is that the leader was so money focussed - I was really close, I know now, to getting my 50 pound certificate, but she never mentioned it. I honestly think if I had known of these extra rewards I would have kept going...I felt my achievement was nothing to her, that she wasn't in the least bit proud of me. I know being proud of myself should have been enough and now it would be, and having Shawn be proud of me too of course, but back then I was single with no kids and I wanted her to just have a few words of encouragement at least.

Ah well...onwards and downwards!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it won't take you long to build up your running. I was amazed how quickly my stamina went up. And you have a wonderful incentive with the Race for Life.

    Keep it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your weight loss. You're doing fab! Extremely well done on your jogging progression. I haven't even tried to jog, don't think I could even manage 1 minute!

    My WW leader isn't very good and I'm going to try a new class next week all being well.

    Have a fab week.

    Karon x

    ReplyDelete